Links and Resources
Professional Soccer Star Cobi Jones Helps Kids Develop Strong Values
by Karen Ronney. This story won the 2005 Gold Medal for profiles from the Parenting Publications of America. L.A. Soccer Star Shines on PBS Children’s Show ... http://www.parenthood.com/article-topics/la_soccer_star_cobi_jones_shares_his_insight_on_family_values_life_and_youth_sports.html
Top 10 Tips to Parenting the Super Starby Karen Ronney http://www.parenthood.com/articletopics/parenting_the_superstar.html
Karen As An Expert on the Web
Lake Murray Tennis Club Karen Ronney played in several Women's Satellite tour events in the U.S., Europe, and Australia from 1980 to 1985. She was also a top-ranked NCAA athlete.
By Kim Seidel, Fit and Healthy Toddlers: Activities to Get Your Toddler’s Heart Pumping
Wonderful Websights Full of Great Info
- The Coaching Minute with Gary Avisicous: The CoachingMinute http://www.coachingschool.org/products_minute.html
- The Positive Coaching Alliance: www.positivecoach.org
- QuickStart Tennis from the United States Tennis Association: http://www.usta.com/USTA/Home/Coaches/Resources_OnCourtTraining.aspx
Great Books to Check Out
- MindSet by Carol Dweck
- The Pregnant Woman’s Companion by Christine D'Amico
- The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, ConfidentKids by Dr. Jenn Berman:
- Discover Your Child's Learning Style by Mariaemma Willis
- How to Really Love Your Child by D. Ross Campbell, M.D.
- One Small Step Can Change Your Life by Robert Maurer, Ph.D.
- Munchkin Tennis For Children 9 and Under by Jack Hutslar, Ph.D.
- The Inner Game of Tennis by W, Timothy Gallwey
- Positive Personality Profiles by Robert A. Rohm.
- You are the Answer by Michael J. Tamura